Zennie62 on YouTube

Monday, March 24, 2008

NFL DRAFT BIBLE DAILY DOSE 3/24

GRAY A TEXAN, ROSENFALS ON THE BLOCK
Quinn Gray told the Houston Chronicle that he plans to sign with the Texans. Gray says his deal will be a one-year agreement worth $635,000, with $40,000 to sign.

RUMOR MILL: DILFER TO OAKLAND
Free agent Trent Dilfer told the congregation at Northside Christian Church in Fresno Sunday that the Raiders have shown interest in him.

DEUCE MAY BE CUT LOOSE
Deuce McAllister is awaiting a decision as to whether he will remain a member of the New Orleans Saints, according to the Baton Rouge Advocate. McAllister is about six months past his surgery to repair a torn ACL in his right knee and the team has until April 15 to decide whether to pay him a $1 million roster bonus or terminate his contract. He commented, "Unfortunately I've been through this routine before as far as rehab is concerned. Every day you just try to make it a little better. For them to make good on their investment, as far as paying me the roster bonus, then I wanted to make good on my health. Having ACL surgeries on both knees in the last three years is an unfortunate deal. Before we went into this season I wanted to make sure I was healthy and obviously the team felt the same way. If it wasn't for the right knee, then I would be able to do a lot more strenuous workout as far as planting and cutting, etc. You want to be careful with the microfracture and it give it time to heal fully. It's not 100 percent, but it's getting close to the point where I can do different exercises and different things. There's still time out there for me to rehab and get stronger. If rehab continues to go as well, then it's possible I can participate in that last minicamp May 29-June 1."

MCDONALDS FOILS MARSHALL
Brandon Marshall slipped on a McDonald's wrapper, which resulted in his arm going through the television set, according to NFL.com. It is unclear as to how many stitches Marshall needed and he commented, "I want to thank everybody for their concerns and let everyone know that I'm okay. It's funny because I pride myself on yards after catch and being one of the toughest players to take down once I have the ball in my hands. So for the next couple of days I'm going to take the time to build my confidence back up after allowing that McDonalds bag to take me down and send me through the entertainment center."

RICE ON THE COMEBACK TRAIL
Free agent Simeon Rice says his shoulder is "100 percent" and is working to make a comeback. Rice, 34, is being filmed by a TV crew interested in turning his story into a reality show. He plans to run at his alma mater Illinois' Pro Day. Rice has talked with Lions coach Rod Marinelli, who isn't one to turn down ex-Bucs.

0 comments:

Visit the new Zennie62.com

 
Google Analytics Alternative