Zennie62 on YouTube

Thursday, January 05, 2006

A Young Man's Game: Texas' Vince Young Powers The Longhorns Over USC for National Title


In an exciting, edge-of-your-seat contest, Texas Longhorn's QB, Vince Young willed his team to victory over USC in the Rose Bowl, capturing the College Football National Championship.

I've got to admit I missed a good chunk of this game because I was at a going away event in San Francisco's Tenderloin District, and at a place -- Olive -- with no television!

So, some of us marched over to some bar called GRB and caught it there. I went back to Olive after USC scored making it 37-26 in their favor in the fourth quarter. I must admit to total shock that Texas came back to win -- good, as I was rooting for them.

Young is 6'5 and about 235, and reminds me a lot of Tennessee Titans QB Steve McNair. Should Young come out of Texas for the NFL Draft, he will upset the current "favored" list of first picks: USC's Reggie Bush and Matt Leinart.

In my view, Young is a true first round pick. I think the Texans would pass on him, and take Reggie Bush, because they have David Carr -- but, I can't see such a major hero as Young being allowed to leave the state. Maybe the Dallas Cowboys will trade up to get him, or perhaps the Texans will take him, and trade Carr.

0 comments:

Visit the new Zennie62.com

 
Google Analytics Alternative